Cults can be a good thing

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic rapecel
Administrator
Cults have kind of a bad rap, because people are like, "They subjugate and mindfuck the individual." This is true, but cults can also be an escape from an oppressive society.

If there's a strong cult leader who says, "In this cult, my word is law," and everyone has to obey or GTFO, that creates a sort of shelter from a harsh and possibly dysfunctional world that people have in many cases failed to fit into. As long as they're on the good side of the cult leader, they have resources, because he will allocate those to them. Society is often more cold and bureaucratic and unfriendly; the cult can be a warm and nurturing presence.

Imagine if the cult leader weren't able to maintain any discipline, though. What would happen is, the cult members would bring in their ideology from outside the cult and take over. And in many cases, that ideology would be the default SJW ideology of society. For example, let's suppose there were a patriarchist cult, and people were allowed to come in and talk a bunch of feminist gibberish. They could end up taking over and subverting the cult, and then it would no longer provide shelter from that harsh feminist world.

Now, a cult leader can be laid back and say, "I invite debate; I will allow you to present your views." That works fine, as long as people are willing to argue in good faith. But what happens if the cult leader gets outnumbered and there are a bunch of people presenting fallacious arguments? He can point out their fallacies one by one, but he still gets overwhelmed just by sheer repetition of "four legs good, two legs bad" or whatever is the slogan of the day. They can present a bunch of emotional arguments, and he can appear to be weak if he entertains all this bullshit; and once he appears weak, and female cult members' pussies dry up and they want to go elsewhere, to find a stronger cult leader.

Here's an example. I tried to engage with bruce1; I would ask him to "elab" and he wouldn't. He would just state his opinion, and then not back it up with anything, and at that point disengage from the discussion. Well, suppose you're a cult leader, and you have a bunch of cult members hanging around just jeering at you, but not backing up their opinions with anything. It's still going to have a demoralizing effect on the rest of your audience. You need to get those people out, who are neither going to follow your ideology nor give you an opportunity to debate them, but are just going to hang around basically shitting on what you have to offer. But he left anyway, so it was kind of a non-issue.

Cult leaders get criticized because they put, e.g., their sexual needs first, and exploit the female cult members. Well, that's partly a good thing. Over at Blackpill.is, part of what I got criticized for was being a cuck; i.e. letting Reggie mack on Florelle, and put a leash on her, etc., while I just pined after her and even tried in various ways to help Reggie get with her, after I perceived myself to have been rejected by her. Even when I tried to be generous and helpful, people thought it was pathetic.

Not only that, when I put truth first, people thought that was lame too. When I shared my emotions and thoughts candidly, people had a problem with it. A more selfish cult leader might have put deceit and manipulation first, but I was like, "Fuck it, I'll put the truth out there, and let the chips fall where they may, because I'm not that good at deceit and manipulation anyway."

In that sense, I'm not really a cult leader anyway; I'm a cult pioneer. Some leader may follow the trail I blazed, and get all the pussy; oh well, I can't really help what my role in life is; all I can really hope is that the leader will at least be a white dude who's somewhat closely related to me. A pioneer is produced seemingly randomly as a gift of god; that's just my appointed role; nothing I can do about it.

What happened at Blackpill was, some toxic elements were able to take over with their narrative about how I was a piece of shit who behaved badly. I could hang around and refute it, but it would be pointless; they won't respond to my refutations, at least not publicly. They will continue to grumble. And since the whole concept of the blackpill is inherently uninspiring and is not even a concept that people can truly face and believe and handle, it was a dead end anyway.

People need to have hope; you can't just tell them there's no hope, and expect they're going to flock to your banner. Guys like GameDevCel showed their true colors; when they saw bleak hopelessness, in the sense that Florelle was not going to accept them, they couldn't handle it. I had trouble handling it too. But the rapepill can give us hope.

Last edited:

Leucosticte

Hebephebophilic rapecel
Administrator
I'm somewhat supportive of cults. They're often no worse than larger society, which has its own dominant religion. A cult is a shelter or refuge from the tyranny of larger society's standards; it's a place where people can get away from it without being totally alone.

A cult has a certain amount of discipline designed to protect its ability to function. For example, at RVF they had rules like the 250-post rule, to keep newbies from trolling about political or racial topics. This was designed so that people had to invest somewhat in the cult and give the cult members some history to look at, to know what they're about, before they waded into those fraught topics.

A cult has both a goal, and some assumptions/presumptions that are used as the basis for a belief system supporting their efforts to achieve those goals. So let's say, the purpose of this site is the propagation of _____. There are many ways by which one might pursue such purposes, and going in all those directions at once is not always desirable; that could produce chaos, especially since some of those directions might work against others.

So, it becomes necessary at some point to say, "Okay, here's what we believe; dissent will only be allowed to a limited extent" (since dissent can go on forever, and also can easily become abstract and vague and/or theoretical; at some point you have to forge ahead toward some concrete goals, using your presumptions as a guide, and see what the results are).

Where heresy becomes an issue, is that someone says, "I'm down with your ultimate goal, but I have a different doctrine about how to get there." That guy can easily cause a schism, or just consume a lot of resources. He could be right, though; or he could be neither right nor wrong. Hitler used to say, though, that discipline was necessary even when the leader is wrong.

A lot of times, presumptions are based on one person having witnessed and interpreted stuff one way, and another another way. That happens all the time with female behavior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)